M&S stores closing before the end of the year:
- Eagles Meadow, Wrexham – set to close on November 30
M&S stores that closed in 2023:
- East Kilbride Shopping Centre – closed February 25
- Fenchurch Street, London – closed March 31
- Deansgate, Bolton – closed in April
- Newport Road, Cardiff – closed in April
- Meadowbank retail park, Edinburgh – closed April 1
- Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough – set to close April 15
- Carlton Street, Castleford – set to close April 22
A M&S spokesperson told Express.co.uk that despite this year’s closures, the supermarket has opened new and “better stores across the UK” as part of a £480million project.
They explained: “Our store rotation and investment programme is about making sure we have the right stores, in the right place, with the right space. Whilst our store rotation programme involves closing some stores, it also means relocating and opening new stores in locations across the country.
“In this coming year alone, we are opening 20 new stores across the UK, including brand new M&S stores in Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Thurrock and Purley, and new M&S Foodhalls in locations such as Stockport, Wrexham, Barnsley and Largs.”